Monday, March 19, 2007

Found him

Well I finally found him around 1:30pm yesterday. He was at some little girls house and even after I went to her door he/she/they still lied and said they didn't know where Jordan was. Well I lost it and told them all they had 5 minutes to produce my son or the cops were taking over for me. He walked in the door within 5 minutes. Denied drinking, said he simply just 'fell asleep' for the past 20 hours! lol Not funny. His face was all written on with some green stuff and he stunk like a brewery. The whole issue is this: Social drinkers; even teens just experimenting with booze do not not come home. Since he had such a humiliating experience just 4 days earlier with drinking most teens or even adults would not drink again at least for awhile. Alcoholic behaviour right from your first drunk is often an indication that you already have a problem whether you've had the opportunity to drink a lot or not. Well this time I am being stricter and not backing down on my consequences. Whether or not he chooses to drink has nothing to do with it. It is unacceptable that he did not come home and unacceptable that he skipped out of school. It will not be tolerated in my home. I know that this is his Journey and that I have absolutely no control over his drinking or not drinking. However, it is very hard and very painful on me to watch such destruction when I know firsthand the results.

No comments: